The pumpkin family has many nutrients and vitamins, it is also an excellent source of beta carotene which your body uses to turn into vitamin A. This is a Paleo friendly recipe and very rich in flavours!
For the recipe you will need:
1 tbsp coconut oil
300ml boiling water
500g organic pumpkin/squash
2 fresh crushed garlic cloves
1 chopped small onion
5cm fresh grated ginger
olive oil, thyme, salt and pepper.
- In a saucepan add coconut oil, garlic, ginger, onion and cook them until they are golden brown.
- Slice the pumpkin/squash into pieces (you can keep the skin if you like) and remove the seeds (do not throw them away! They are great roasted in the oven with some olive oil and sea salt)
- Add the pumpkin with the others ingredients in the pan, cover with boiling water and let it boil until soft or use the pressure cooker for 15 minutes.
- Once cooked mix all the ingredients together, you can use a blender stick (I don`t recommend blender because they do not support hot foods and end up cracking or breaking, which is dangerous!).
- Season with pink salt, black pepper and fresh thyme
- Enjoy this delight!
It can be served as a starter or main dish
* Tbsp = tablespoon
* Prefer organic food and be the change you want to see in the world