The Paleo Coconut Flour Bread is also grain free, sugar free and gluten free. Perfectly moist, and easy for anyone to make – even if it’s your first time baking with coconut flour.
If you are not used to it, the coconut flour is completely different from the other flours we use for lowcarb baking, like almond flour for example, it requires a lot of moisture in the form of eggs and it is very fibery. With half of the amount you can still get a decent portion size and lovely and flufy bread.
Don`t expect the lowcarb breads to be like the conventional gluten – flour based breads, as the name says for itself, gluten provides a glue that bonds everything together. The lowcarb breads tend to be a little crumbly and I don`t personally recomend to put in the toaster, you can rather pan fry or use the grill to warm it up, it is still lovely and a lot healthier.
1/2 cup coconut flour
1/4 tsp sea salt
1/4 baking soda
1/2 cup melted coconut oil
1 tsp of poppy seed (optional)
- Pre heat the oven for 20 minutes 200c
- In a bowl or a blender beat the eggs (as much as you can, it helps to get rid of that eggy taste) and than add the melted coconut oil until it gets well mixed. If it is in the mixer, tranfer it to a bowl.
- Slowly, add a spoonful of coconut flour each time in the egg`s bowl until well blended, don`t stop mixing
- Butter (you can use coconut oil for this as well) a bread pan or use a baking paper and add the batter.
- Place in the oven and cook for 30 minutes or until golden brown
Serves 12 portions
Each of them with: 148 calories, 3.1 carbs, 13.8 fat and 4g of protein